Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
Apply for Job
The Digital & Media Director is responsible for driving Sierra Nevada’s digital and paid media strategy with an emphasis on delivering transformational change to be a digitally led marketing team with a culture of innovation, test and learn, and informed risk taking. With a passion for storytelling, find creative ways to tell the Sierra Nevada story across a variety of channels. Lead the digital content efforts by owning the vision and execution of our overall content library and community management. The successful candidate will bring a highly creative, organized, and strategic mindset to the role, which will be critical to delivering breakthrough campaigns.
- Lead the development and execution of the paid and owned channel strategy
- Oversee the production of content for organic and paid campaigns across all digital platforms
- Lead, manage and provide direction to the in-house content team and external photographers/videographers to ensure the creative vision comes to life
- Lead the management of brand websites with oversight of web design, UX and e-commerce technologies
- Define and execute a digital marketing roadmap that communicates the brand purpose and drives engagement throughout the overall funnel
- Lead Media Manager and Media agency to develop detailed media plans, including channel strategy, media mix allocation, target audience, markets, and reach and frequency goals
- Partner with Research Manager to develop test and learn roadmap, to assess media effectiveness and develop recommendations to optimize media plan
- Collaborate with Guest Experience and Ecommerce teams to execute all online merchandising strategies; ensure online merchandising is supported by best in class features in areas of navigation, internal search, product set-up, and activation
- Accountable for performance across content and channels; monitor and analyze digital inputs to inform strategic planning and creative content that generates results
- Lead data analytics and provide dashboards for KPI monitoring and reporting
- Analyze and evaluate workflows and recommend operational enhancements to improve efficiency
- Plan and manage departmental budget through effective analysis, forecasting, and control, continuously evaluating and improving return on investment
- Keep up to date with evolving media and technology trends and explore new and effective products or enhancements that will improve virtual experience and generate revenue and profits
- Master’s degree in communication, public relations, or journalism required OR any combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved
- Nine (9) years’ progressive digital experience at a lifestyle brand or digital agency required.
- Seven (7) years’ management or leadership experience required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Proven ability to think strategically & creatively in developing digital strategies, tactics and initiatives
- Deep knowledge of digital and traditional media including proven analytical and quantitative skills and a strong understanding of KPIs
- In-depth knowledge of social media platforms and an understanding of how to apply them in the Sierra Nevada voice
- Challenging the status quo and pursuing new ideas and ways of thought
- Ability to foster a culture that inspires and celebrates creativity and innovation
- Strong leadership skills, detail-oriented, organized and self-motivated
- Self-starter with ability to anticipate needs and initiate activity in support of business goals.
- Occasional travel required (10-20%), primarily to conferences, agency or distributor meetings, and seminars
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job is often in a quiet office setting with occasional exposure to a manufacturing environment, which may include wet or humid conditions (non-weather), exposure to moving mechanical parts and loud noises, which may occasionally require hearing protection. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers. When on the road producing events, this job is exposed to a variety of weather conditions, heat, cold, wind, rain and is required to work through them to deliver superior event experiences to our customers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be willing to work non-standard hours, including some nights and weekends
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a post offer, pre-employment background check
- Selected candidate must reside/relocate to San Francisco, CA or Chico, CA
- You must be at least 21 years of age to work for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
** This position will remain open until filled; online applications will be reviewed weekly **
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply for Job