Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
Adynamic, high-performing, growing team responsible for front-end customerexperience and product & tools
managementfor Old Navy’s e-commerce channel. We pride ourselves on blending art &science, and flawless execution in an environment of omnichannel,growth-oriented change. We collaborate with the Digital Merchandising,Marketing, Marketing Production, Ecom Ops, Sample and Photo Studio teams toproduce a best-in-class online shopping experience visited by a million peopleeach day.
In thisrole, you’ll be a key member of the Site Merchandising team, supporting yourSite Merchandising Manager, and will partner with the Digital Merchandising,Marketing Production, Ecom Ops, Photography and Sample needs of the website.You’ll become an expert in utilizing and navigating our product-to-sitepipeline, our product management tools, as well as managing a substantialvolume of executional tasks within a fast-paced environment.
We arelooking for a motivated individual to join us as an Site Merchant, focusing onsite execution, within alignment of product and marketing initiatives.
In addition, we manage the product pipeline(getting product to site, photography etc), quality assurance on promotions andproduct attributes from back end tool-related tasks to customer facingmarketing flags. We are the visual merchandisers of the online store, ensuringthat we align our category navigation experience to the design intent, as wellas act as storytellers, partnering with Digital Merchandising on key productinitiatives. We utilize 3 rd party vendor relationships & toolsto manage personalized product recommendations, outfitting templates, internalsearch and support all SEO initiatives.
What you’ll do
- Act as lead Site Merchant across the Baby team- liaison between digital merchandising, website production, marketing, and act as a single point of contact for site execution.
- Execute the mapping & validation of the merchandise hierarchy into the web hierarchy, creating intuitive category navigation, as well as linking strategies for upcoming marketing messages to ensure a seamless user experience.
Partner with site merchandising manager to review web analytics and make recommendations based on site KPI’s.
- Ensure new product is active on website, based on Flow calendar.
Monitor styles that are in stock on a weekly basis to ensure proper site display.
Partner with various cross functional partners such as Copy & Photography teams to ensure all PDP information is available and accurate.
- Lead weekly site review meetings to discuss upcoming marketing, site expectations from homepage to emails, as well as, discuss current site/category needs.
- Strategize, navigate and execute complexities of third party vendor technologies, including related product recommendations, personalized merchandising, on site and third party search results, and outfitting templates and galleries.
- Support Digital Merchant team’s in-season business reaction with changes to categories, styles or style/color display, and new product category sorts.
- Support creation of marketing content: create outfit records, submit photography requests for outfits and assets, update outfit requests with actual image files, and outfit builds.
- Seasonal style list management to ensure that styles are receiving the appropriate shot requests, styling needs, product tags, product associations utilizing product management system.
- Work closely with web production & product management to communicate tool issues and best practices.
- Work closely with marketing producers to execute needs of marketing message but also identify any potential risks.
- Communicate weekly with our Canada counterparts to ensure their understanding of marketing site strategies, general site maintenance, and product issues.
- Articulate areas of opportunity across tools and processes, identify creative solutions to solve challenges and determine how to work cross functionality to execute.
- Escalating issues and recommendations with an appropriate level of urgency.
- Opening daily tickets to inform Technology teams of emerging business needs.
- Communicating best practices, following up on status-updates and bugs and giving tool design feedback.
Who you are
- Strong leadership skills.
- 5-7 years’ experience in fashion retail and/or merchandising, ideally in a technical, e-commerce, site merchandising role.
- Proactive, strong communication to detail and accuracy, effective time management skills, strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Possess a clear understanding of the importance of high quality work and accuracy and its impact on the customer’s site experience.
- Demonstrate strong teamwork skills.
- Ability to identify inefficiencies and quickly find resolution
- Strong computer skills, in depth knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word, Outlook helpful.
- Ability to learn computer systems quickly. Previous experience with back-end website systems a plus.
- Analytical skills, organizational ability to facilitate multi-tasking in a fact paced environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees