LEXINGTON, Ky. – The Kentucky track and field teams were well represented in the All-Academic honors announced by the U.S. Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA), as eight women, two men, and both teams met the standards for the awards.
Honorees from the women’s team, with their class and major(s), included:
- Celera Barnes, Sr., Kinesiology
- Ellen Ekholm, Sr., Marketing & Management
- Nicole Fautsch, Sr., Marketing & Psychology
- Alexis Holmes, Soph., Public Health
- Darci Khan, Fr., Digital Media and Design
- Molly Leppelmeier, Soph., Computer Science
- Megan Moss, Fr., Undeclared
- Abby Steiner, Soph., Kinesiology
The men’s honorees were:
In order to qualify, an athlete had to meet academic and athletic qualifications:
- Cumulative grade-point average of at least 3.25, and completed at least two semesters
- Finished the indoor season ranked in the top 96 nationally in an individual event, or the top 48 nationally in a relay event (note: the outdoor season had not begun when NCAA spring sports were discontinued in March)
To garner the team honor, the members of the team must combine for a GPA of at least 3.0 for their entire academic careers. All totaled, the members of the UK men’s team have a combined 3.148 GPA during their careers and the Wildcat women have posted a 3.358 mark.
For the most in-depth coverage of the UK cross country and track and field program follow the @KentuckyTrack social media channels on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook as well as on UKathletics.com.