We know it – we’re looking for a unicorn, but we’re optimists at heart! The winning candidate for our new Senior Director, Direct Response Marketing position will be an engagement and conversion pro, a seasoned fundraising professional, and a believer in our organization’s work to ensure equity inclusive of economic, racial, geographic, and cultural differences. Someone who’s worked with the show breeds and is most comfortable in the working dog category. They’ll find our current reality – a small team of dedicated folks – an opportunity and not a limitation. They’ll understand the psychology and strategy behind connecting people to Emancipet’s mission and be undaunted by the challenge of raising at least one-third of our total annual development target (currently $3.25 million) through direct response. They’ll be committed to equity and social justice, believe that people love their pets and want to do what is best for them, and have an unwavering dedication to telling the story of Emancipet and the families we serve through positive, optimistic, and pet and people-centered ways.
You might be the person we’re looking for if:
- You’re a behavioral scientist at heart – you want to know what makes people engage and give to causes (and what keeps them connected and giving over time).
- You dig data – you want to understand every spreadsheet, analytic, dashboard, and stat that you encounter, and then turn that insight into results.
- Success matters more than the spotlight – though you might occasionally don a cape, you know the real heroes are the people we serve and the community members who support us.
- Metrics motivate you – you’re never more driven than when you’ve got a goal that pushes and stretches you and targets that test your mettle.
Who we Need:
Our Senior Director of Direct Response Marketing will lead, develop, and implement a comprehensive and robust direct response fundraising and marketing strategy that will increase revenue through, but not limited to, managing donor KPIs at each stage of the lifecycle – acquisition, conversion, retention, and reactivation, and creating and implementing direct response (DR) strategies including direct mail, email, social, and SMS fundraising platforms.
Abbreviated Position Responsibilities:
With a fierce dedication to Emancipet’s core values (optimism, excellence, teaching and learning, and compassionate service) and bottom lines (quality medicine, transformative experiences, and sustainable finance), this position will:
- Design and execute an integrated digital fundraising and marketing plan
- Select and manage DR partners and vendors
- Draft and copy edits mail, email, social, and web copy
- Monitor and analyze DR performance metrics and adjusts strategies and tactics to drive revenue growth
- Establish and meet/surpass YOY revenue and growth targets
- Devise, assess, and adjust strategies/activities related to donor acquisition, engagement, retention, reactivation, and conversion
- Manage the donor database of record and email marketing platforms (currently Luminate CRM and Luminate Online) to ensure data integrity and timely reporting
- Optimize web content and presence to increase donor conversion
- Produce (monthly, quarterly, annual) revenue reports and forecasts for performance-based outcomes
- Develop segmentation strategies and test designs, envelope treatments, etc.
Qualifications + Requirements
- 10+ years of direct response and digital fundraising experience
- Proven success raising upwards of $1M/year through DR activities and evidence of successful YOY revenue growth in previous positions
- A bachelor’s degree (or higher) in communication, marketing, behavioral psychology, or a discipline with direct application to interactive marketing and fundraising
- Experience and success driving increases in monthly giving, online giving, and donor retention
- Familiarity and a commitment to the concepts of donor-centered fundraising and donor journey mapping
- A proven ability to deploy analytics to drive decision-making
- Proficiency and interest in both receiving and giving kind and candid feedback
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Proficiency with complex donor databases (LCRM/Salesforce preferred)
- An ability and willingness to travel as needed and, if remote, to HQ in Austin, TX
- An unwavering dedication to Emancipet’s mission, core values, bottom lines, and foundational belief
To apply, please submit a resume and a cover letter. To be considered, a cover letter is required.
Position: Full Time
Who We Are:
We are a nonprofit on a mission to make veterinary care affordable and accessible for everyone. We believe people love their pets and will do what’s best for them when given the opportunity. We work to provide that opportunity.
Emancipet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Emancipet is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All employment decisions at Emancipet are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, genetic information, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
We are intentional in creating a diverse staff and leadership team, and work to create an inclusive environment for all employees. You belong here!